At the end of May, Whatsapp introduced a new feature in its update through its beta channel, which allowed users. In this way, although in the group of your family send several dozens of memes outdated or images to give you good morning, these would not appear in the gallery of the device.
But with a later update, for some unknown reason, WhatsApp decided to temporarily eliminate this option. Now, as they point, this feature has reappeared, although the operation has been slightly modified. That’s why we’re going to explain to you how you can prevent WhatsApp images from appearing in the gallery in the latest version of the app.
Visibility of multimedia files: so you can hide WhatsApp photos from your gallery
As we have seen, the new option comes under the name Media Visibility or display of multimedia files . In addition, instead of appearing in the settings of the application, is included in the information panel of each of the chats, so you can decide whether the multimedia files of a chat in question may appear, or not, in the gallery of the phone.
Therefore, to hide the images from the gallery of a chat in question, you just have to follow these steps:
- Open the chat from which you want to hide the multimedia files.
- Click on the name of the user or group.
- Search the option “Visibility of multimedia files” and click on it.
- In the pop-up menu that will appear, select “No” , if you want the multimedia files of that chat not to appear in the gallery.
- If you change your mind, you only have to change the option and check “Yes” instead of “No” .
In this way, the images and videos that reach us through that chat, will not appear in the gallery of the phone and you will avoid that the “WhatsApp Images” folder is full of unwanted photos , and to be able to see this content you must do it from the WhatsApp application itself. As is evident, in order to enable this option it is necessary, available today on Google Play.