Vomiting is the emptying, usually involuntary, of the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
Constant vomiting is not a disease, but the symptom of a problem of underlying health and they are presented as a defense mechanism in the body.
In most cases, you will not need any specific treatment and can take care of yourself at home until you feel better.
Keep reading and discover the most common causes why you may experience vomiting constants and how to combat the problem.
1. Viral gastroenteritis
The stomach flu Viral is one of the main reasons for the appearance of constant vomiting. It is a highly contagious intestinal infection commonly known as stomach flu.
- Stomach cramps
The causes of this infection are varied, although it is often due to contact with an infected person or the consumption of contaminated food or water. Less often, the stomach flu can be caused by bacteria.
There is no specific treatment for gastroenteritis and, usually, you can let the infection run its course and heal itself.
A home remedy to reduce the effects of gastroenteritis is to drink mint tea.
- Mint contains menthol, an essential oil that gives the mint that feeling of “freshness”, is antispasmodic and helps relieve cramps and swelling.
- Further, Menthol has relaxing muscle properties that reduces vomiting .
2. Food poisoning
Another common reason for constant vomiting is food poisoning. In this case, the symptoms may vary depending on what caused it. Generally the body uses vomit as a defense measure to try to expel toxins and heal.
Poisoning occurs when you consume contaminated food or drinks with bacteria, viruses or parasites. While some cases last longer, they usually disappear in a few days.
He Apple vinager It is an excellent remedy to relieve symptoms of a food poisoning.
- Being acid by nature, it relieves the gastrointestinal lining.
- It also helps that the environment in the stomach is inhospitable for bacteria.
- This will prevent them from reproducing and speeds up recovery.
- 1 teaspoon Apple vinager (15 ml)
- 1 glass of warm water (200 ml)
- Mix the two ingredients and drink.
- Repeat the consumption of this remedy 2 times a day until the vomiting stops.
3. Dizziness due to movement
Do you usually experience constant vomiting when you travel? In that case you should know that your inner ear is in charge of movement and balance . This system detects movement, but requires confirmation by your eye system.
- When sight and hearing do not coincide in this information, it is common to experience nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
- If you are prone to dizzy when traveling, focus your eyes on a fixed point and always look forward .
- You can supplement this by drinking chamomile tea.
4. Acid reflux
Acid reflux is the burning sensation behind the sternum that goes up to the throat . In some cases, this problem can be very painful to the degree of being mistaken for a heart attack.
In most cases, the symptoms remain in the presence of bitter taste in the mouth , eructation and constant vomiting.
- To combat the vomiting caused by acid reflux you need to balance the health of your gastric system.
- Achieving this is simple if you consume enough vegetables and whole foods, ideally organic and unprocessed.
- As well you must make sure you consume enough fermented foods .
Constant vomiting is also a normal symptom of pregnancy . They usually occur during the first three months and then disappear on their own.
Usually, they occur more frequently during the morning and decrease as the day progresses. The symptoms can be very unpleasant and interfere with your daily routine. If this is the case, try ginger tea.
- 1 glass of boiling water (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Add the ginger and honey to the water and stir well.
- Drinking small sips.
- Take a glass of this tea twice a day.
So, do not I worry about constant vomiting?
As we said, constant vomiting is a symptom that you should not overlook. Although we have given you some natural remedies, it is always important that you go with your doctor to rule out any major problems.
If the vomiting is not relieved in 24 hours, consult a doctor . Remember not to eat anything immediately after vomiting and drink enough fluids to avoid dehydration.
In case the problem takes more than a couple of days, you should drink an oral serum instead of natural water. You can choose a commercial one, as long as it is low in sugar, or prepare it at home.