TWRP is the recovery par excellence for Android phones, and having it is synonymous with more possibilities for our mobile, since it allows us to install new ROMs in the terminal. Now TWRP official for Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL is now a reality, and can be downloaded for both terminals.
The TWRP recovery is arriving little by little more Android devices , arriving in different waves for different terminals, as in the last occasion, in which several of Motorola and Sony were added.
You can now download official TWRP for Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
The new top of Google range already have an official version of TWRP, the recovery, which will allow from now installed in mobiles Mountain View multitude of new ROMs, which will provide new functions. Although it was already possible to download extra official versions of TWRP for Google Pixel 3 , this time it is the completely official version that has been released by the Team Win Project. We can download this version for both terminals in different ways.
So you can install it
Although I am sure many of you have experience rooting your Google Pixel, when installing TWRP it is convenient to make a backup copy of your data. If you have never done it, these points can help you.
- We enable development options on the mobile by clicking on the build seven times to activate the developer mode
- We open the developer options
- We click on USB debugging
- We rebooted the mobile in fastboot mode and after executing ADB, we wrote “adb reboot bootloader” without the quotes
- Once you have rebooted in bootloader mode, we type “fastboot oem unlock” without the quotes
Now we install TWRP (the image to download is next to each model)
- We download the image with the TWRP for Google Pixel 3 and for Google Pixel 3 XL and save it in a PC folder
- Now on the computer we go to the folder where we downloaded the TWRP, press “Shift + right mouse button” in a blank space in the folder and click on “open command window here”.
- Connect the mobile to the PC
- Now from the command window we write “adb reboot bootloader” without the quotes
- Once the mobile has entered the bootloader mode, we write in the ADB window “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” without the quotes, always depending on what the TWRP image file is called
- Once the TWRP Recovery has been completely flashed, we can only write the “fastboot reboot” command in ADB without the TWRP quotes already installed.