Now that we have the new Galaxy A9 with us, it’s time to review how Samsung’s average range stays in the market. With the arrival of this latest model, the brand further strengthens this segment with the addition of the quad camera that accompanies the triple camera of the recently released Galaxy A7 .
A fairly complete offer that covers different ranges of prices and features with which to please all types of users. Do not you know exactly the differences between them? Well, we explain them to you.
Galaxy A9, A7 and A6 +, differences and similarities
The Samsung A family has gradually evolved closer to the aesthetic level of its brothers the Galaxy S. This great resemblance has allowed him to gain appeal in front of the public, as the rushed bevels and rounded screen edges are a plus for gain followers. Let’s compare the three most advanced and modern models of the A family so you can see at a glance the differences and similarities that exist between the Galaxy A9 , Galaxy A7 and Galaxy A6 + .
|–||Galaxy A9 2018||Galaxy A7 2018||Galaxy A6 +|
|screen||6.3 “Full HD + Super AMOLED, 1,080 x 2,220 pixels||6 “Full HD + Super AMOLED, 1,080 x 2,220 pixels, 411 ppi||
Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 píxeles) 6 “ Full HD + (2160 x 1080 pixels)
|Size and weight||158.7 mm x 75.4 mm x 7.3 mm / 168 grams||159.8 mm x 76.8 mm x 7.5 mm / 168 grams||160.2 mm x 75.7 mm x 7.9 mm / 191 grams|
|Processor||Octa-Core at 2.2 GHz||Octa-Core at 2.2 GHz||Snapdragon 450 with eight cores at 1.8 GHz|
|RAM||4/6 GB||4/6 GB||3/4 GB|
|Storage||128 GB||64/128 GB with the possibility of expansion using MicroSD||64 GB|
|Camera|| Rear: quad camera
– Main: 24 MP AF, F1.7
– Tele: 2X optical zoom, 10 MP AF, F2.4
– Angular: 120 °, 8 MP, F2.4
– Depth: 5 MP, F2.2
Front: 24 MP, F2.0
| – Triple of 24 Mpx (f / 1.7) + 8 Mpx (f / 2.4) + 5 Mpx (f / 2.2) with LED flash and AF
– Front of 24 Mpx with aperture f / 2.0
| – Dual 16 MP + 5 MP with aperture f / 1.7 / 1.9 and LED flash
– Front of 24 MP f / 1.9
|Connectivity||4G LTE Cat 6, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, ANT +, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass and BeiDou||4G LTE Cat.6, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC||4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB type C|
|YOU||Android 8.0 Oreo||Android 8.0 Oreo||
Android 8.0 Oreo
|Battery||3,800 mAh||3,300 mAh||3,500 mAh|
|Price||699 euros||349 euros||249 euros|
These are all Samsung’s mid-range models
Currently, we can find all these models within the Galaxy A family in the Samsung catalog :
- Galaxy A9 : The most advanced model. With four cameras behind him. 599 euros.
- Galaxy A8 : A very complete version that has been left behind because it is from 2017.
- Galaxy A7 : One of the latest additions. Very complete and with a triple rear camera.
- Galaxy A6 + : The Galaxy A with the best value for money.
- Galaxy A6 + Dual SIM: Same as above, but with dual SIM.
- Galaxy A6 : Smaller and less powerful version of the A6 +.
- Galaxy A6 Dual SIM: Same as the A6, but with dual SIM.
- Galaxy A3 (2017) : It is the lowest step we can find among the most updated models. Therefore, the cheapest price.
- Galaxy A5 (2017) : Intermediate model of good performance that maintains design of last year.
- Galaxy A3 (2016) : This model we can continue to find in the market, but we must take into account their age.
- Galaxy A5 (2016) : Like the previous one, specifications and design two years ago.
- Galaxy A3 : The origins of the A family can be traced back to these last two models. If you find them in the market, you know they are quite old (but they will have a very low price).
- Galaxy A5 : Same case as the A3.
Samsung Galaxy J, a low range that aims high
Although it is the Galaxy A family that marks the mid-range in Samsung, the latest releases within the J family are closer to the mid-range than to the low. Models such as Galaxy J7 (2018) , Galaxy J5 (2017) or Galaxy J3 (2018) offer very complete specifications that you should keep in mind when finding a cheaper phone. The difference is perhaps found in the design, a point where the A use materials and finishes more premium than the Galaxy J.