Do you hate wire traffic on your desk? So, you need to connect from head to toe. How is it possible that you say?
Well, the answer is simple ‘Bluetooth Adapters’.
It is a USB security device that connects to your PC or laptop if you no longer have a built-in Bluetooth device. And from there you can connect wirelessly to your keyboard, mouse and printer without the need for cables. Leaving you and your desk without wires.
Before continuing with the review of the best bluetooth adapters, see the quick comparison table below that compares the best available options.
Quick selections: the best Bluetooth adapters for PC
Best Bluetooth adapter review
1). Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter
First of all, this small USB is compatible with the Windows 8 system and above, plus it also connects to PC with Linux without any difficulty. The compact design of this Bluetooth adapter allows a secure connection with laptops during travel, where you can leave the device plugged in for days.
Secondly, it is installed with Bluetooth 4.0 technology that does more work and consumes less energy. He is able to work with Raspbian and Ubuntu on the Raspberry Pi.
Third, the package contains an easy-to-use manual and a CD that makes configuration easy and fast.
Customers love the pluggable Bluetooth adapter and we hope you do too!
2). Costech 4.0 USB adapter
This is a class 2 adapter and has all the features of a class 2 adapter. It is a Bluetooth device that simplifies the wireless connection between your PC and other devices. It is very easy to manage the device and even easier to configure. It comes with an installation driver that will guide you through each step, preparing the dongle for use in the blink of an eye.
It must be combined with devices that are used in a closed proximity of 10 m as a printer, headphones, speakers, etc. It transfers data at the speed of 3 Mbps, which is very impressive for any device with Bluetooth.
Costech is compatible with 4.0 technology, which is the latest in the technology industry. This is also compatible with previous versions of Bluetooth such as 3.0, 2.1, 2.0. It consumes very little energy, charges less in your pocket and more in being incredible. It is very compatible with Windows, Vista, XP and other systems, so it probably works perfectly with your configuration.
This device is enough to create a mini piconet that makes your life easier and on the way to modernity.
3). Avantree Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle adapter
In addition, it is reliable, stable and easy to configure, without complex steps for configuration. It is compatible with the following operating systems (32 and 64 bits): Windows, XP, 7 and 8 Vista. But the reverse is that it is not compatible with Mac, so this is a warning for all Mac users out there.
The compact USB dongle is not only easy to use, it also allows you to connect and play through your systems by connecting any device of your choice.
This device perfectly offers a lot and that also fits perfectly into your budget. The package includes the adapter itself, a user’s manual and a Quick Start Guide.
With this device, you can listen to your favorite music through headphones or connect to a projector to watch movies on the big screen.
4). Soundbot SB340 Universal Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter
This class 2 adapter uses Smart Ready specifications with version 4.0. It consumes less power than all Bluetooth 4.0 adapters, in addition to being compatible with previous versions.
This USB is compatible with Windows 7 and 8, XP, Vista, compatible with 32 and 64 bit systems. This will leave your desks free of long cables and cords.
The data transfer speed that this USB shows at 3 Mbps and the maximum communication it can reach is between 30k-100k per second.
This light miracle of technology is for all those who hate to unleash a lot of cables every time they clean their work desk.
See also: Best DJ apps
Pros and cons of Bluetooth adapters
No product is perfect because there is always something that makes it not so perfect. Here are some of the pros and cons of using Bluetooth technology.
- Wireless at all times: The biggest advantage of Bluetooth technology is that it decreases the amount of long cables you may have to use with your devices. What it does without cables and their devices without the pile of cables that come out of them. With the increase in the use of devices by us today, the need for an obstacle-free technology is becoming more popular. This also increases the mobility of the devices, where there is no need to worry about carrying additional cables.
- It is not necessary to have a clear line of sight: Like the infrared technology, the connected devices must be facing each other, but that is not the case here. Bluetooth devices should be close, but they should not be facing each other and nothing between them would interrupt the signal, even if the devices are in separate rooms.
- Rank: These Bluetooth adapters can offer a range of up to 100 meters, but that depends on their use, whether you want a higher or lower range. As there are different classes among Bluetooth adapters that offer a variety of ranges. And therefore, be responsible for making decisions of what kind to use.
- Low charge, lower battery consumption: Low is the way to go with Bluetooth technology. Using Bluetooth requires very little power; this makes it an ideal tool to use in electronic devices. Using the Bluetooth adapter with laptops will be excellent due to the low power consumption option. The best thing about Bluetooth is that it’s free. How wonderful it feels when you receive a benefit and that without having to spend any penny out of your pocket. There would not be an additional bill that you would have to add to your monthly budget, as you have to do for Wi-Fi or other services. There are some things in the world that are free and the use of Bluetooth is one of them!
- Simplicity: The fact that everyone can discover how to connect two devices together via Bluetooth is one of the main reasons for its popularity. The simplicity and ease with which one can use the Bluetooth connection is one of its greatest advantages.
- Security at the point: The data you transfer via Bluetooth is well protected. Other Bluetooth connections need your acceptance to be able to connect to your device, which allows you to control who you share your files with.
- Transfer speed: Although Bluetooth is cheap and you can transfer data without difficulty, the Wi-Fi connection is giving you stiff competition.
- All Bluetooth: to connect your mouse, keyboard, tablet, etc. to your PC, you need to make sure that these devices are compatible with the Bluetooth connection. Then, buying a mouse or keyboard that supports Bluetooth can be a bit expensive. But the investment is something unique and after that, you can enjoy a cheap wireless connection for a long time.
- It is not very easy to use: It is very easy to use a Bluetooth connection once it is configured and configured. But the initial configuration can be very complex for some devices. Some Bluetooth devices such as the printer and keyboard may prompt the user to access through an installation wizard or some may require the user to enter a command at the command prompt. But once everything is set up, that’s where the fun begins.
- Insecurity: The Bluetooth connection is safe from hackers or data theft, but may face some interference from other Bluetooth devices. If you work where there are many Bluetooth users, then you can find the keyboard by typing words in someone else’s system. This can be a problem and, to avoid this, you should increase the distance between yourself and your desk.
The professionals definitely outweigh the cons. Bluetooth is a great invention and is bringing a new meaning to the word ease.
Factors to consider before buying a Bluetooth Adapter / Frequently Asked Questions
There are some things you should keep in mind before rushing to buy the best bluetooth adapter. These considerations include distance range, compatibility, pairing, and class. (They all analyze below in detail)
It is not necessary to be confused because these are just elegant words for something very simple.
we all have a group of selective devices that we use more. Therefore, before buying the Bluetooth adapter, you should be careful to see if this adapter is compatible with the devices you can use with it. These devices can be of different categories, such as printers, keyboards, tablets, speakers, headphones, etc. So choose the adapter that would be worth bragging about.
You can be a user of Mac, Windows, Vista or any other system. But what you should be careful about is whether the Bluetooth Adapter you are buying is compatible with the system you are using or not. It should not be the case if you spend your hard earned money on an adapter and then come home to discover that it is not compatible with the PC or laptop you are using. This is especially for Mac users because not all Bluetooth adapters work well with this system. So be careful and do not give yourself an unpleasant surprise after buying your new adapter.
Make sure your Bluetooth adapter is using 4.0 technology:
Another important factor to keep in mind is that your Bluetooth adapter must be compatible with the new Bluetooth 4.0 technology. This technology can now offer more range, which means it can be connected to devices remotely. In addition, it also consumes less power than before, which is great for laptops, since they usually run on a charged battery. The 4.0 technology is compatible with previous versions and can be connected to devices that still use previous Bluetooth technologies, such as versions 3.0, 2.1 and 2.0. So, as you can see, buying the adapter with the latest technology will be of great benefit to you.
Class 1 vs. Class 2
Checking the differences between the Bluetooth adapters of class 1 and class 2 would not only help you to know which one to buy, but also to increase your knowledge about Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth adapters make your computer system capable of supporting Bluetooth devices without built-in Bluetooth hardware. And then you need to see which adapter is best for you.
See also: Best Bluetooth speakers
Class 1 adapters are better for industrial devices that require long distance connectivity and class 2 adapters are better suited for consumer devices that do not need connections for very long distances. Some of the distances between the adapters of class 1 and class 2 are listed below.
The Bluetooth network is known as a personal area network (PAN) also known as piconet. The devices are connected to this piconet to exchange data and communicate with other devices, for example, your PC connects to your printer through the Bluetooth adapter. If this adapter belongs to class 1, the established piconet will be extended more than a class 2 adapter. Class 1 adapters allow the connection to be made more than 100 m or 330 ft where the class 2 piconet does not exceed 10 m. Taking into account only the rank, he will say that class 1 is the winner, but that is not the case because in the daily routine he does not need as much rank.
Both Bluetooth adapters come with antennas so that a stronger connection between the devices can be established. But the difference is that class 1 provides a longer range so you need a larger antenna and, in some cases, it also comes with an external antenna. On the other hand, class 2 has a built-in antenna that is hidden behind the housing, since it does not require any external antenna.
THE ENERGY CONSUMPTION
The other big difference between the two adapters is the power consumption. Since class 1 adapters need to send signals over longer distances, it consumes a greater amount of power compared to class 2 Bluetooth adapters. If Class 1 adapters are connected to a PC that gets power from other sockets, this would result in higher energy bills. But if the system works with batteries, such as laptops, then recharging would be more frequent.
As indicated above, Class 1 adapters are better for industrial purposes, for example, they can be connected to an Ethernet port to make Internet access wireless for everyone. In addition, this adapter can replace a wired serial cable with a Bluetooth link. Conversely, class 2 adapters are the best for connecting tablets or PCs to a pair of Bluetooth headsets or for similar short-range connections.
Previously we have given a complete understanding of the difference between the different types of Bluetooth adapters. So now it will be easier for you to choose an adapter and go wireless.
Alternative options: competent Bluetooth adapters
Below is the list of the 5 best alternative bluetooth adapters that you can find online.
ORICO Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle
First, this cute USB design looks great and its vibrant color makes it easily visible, among other things. As it is only 14 mm long and losing it among your things would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Secondly, the range increases from 10 m to 20 m, which facilitates the connection with any common device that you can use with your computer system.
A minor disadvantage maybe is that it is not compatible with Mac OS, but it is fine, since it is compatible with a ton of other operating systems.
Last but not least; allows compatibility with previous versions, so any device of yours without the latest version of Bluetooth will work perfectly with the ORICA Bluetooth dongle.
Its specifications and appearance make it stand out among the other Bluetooth adapters.
Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter
This USB 4.0 technology is not going to be the reason for the increase in your electricity bill. In addition, it supports all Windows, XP and Vista systems, except Mac and Linux PCs.
To add more, it is fully compatible with all previous versions of Bluetooth . Now you can stream or enjoy music without delay through your Bluetooth speakers throughout the day.
Edimax EW-7811Un USB adapter
He adapter Edimax is built with the latest Bluetooth specifications and wireless standards. This gives users 6 times the usual speed and 3 times the 802.11b coverage. As it supports the wireless data rate of 150 Mbps 802.11n.
In addition, this device is equipped with a Wi-Fi multimedia standard that allows you to set priority standards for different types of data. The real-time data is transmitted in the blink of an eye and allows impeccable transmission of music, video and skype.
See also: best party speakers
In addition, the compact design does not block the surrounding fb, which makes it effective from a spatial point of view. Its attractive black and gold color makes it look good, while its lower power consumption makes it ideal to be used with laptops.
What’s more, questions? Well, due to version 4.0, this device supports backward compatibility, with additional security of WPA / PSK and WPA2 / PSK. It comes with the EZmax configuration guide that shows the configuration guide in multiple languages.
This device is truly an award winner with all its features and special features.
BESIGN BD01 Bluetooth 4.0 USB key adapter
Besign offers a 3Mbps high-speed transmitter with an operating range of up to 10 m. It is compatible with Windows 7 and higher models, XP and Vista. It is not compatible with Mac OS and Linux operating system. But it is your integral solution for all Bluetooth-based dilemmas.
It will free you from the trouble of classifying the cables and in this way your life will be completely free of cables. Although this device is at the end of the list, it is still one of the best Bluetooth adapters on Amazon.
Bluetooth is the path of the current century and would definitely become more popular in the days to come. Replacing all wired connections with easy-to-use connection options at no cost.
So be one of the first to make the most of such an incredible creation.
What do you think about this list of the best bluetooth adapters 2017? Comment below to tell us! Thanks for visiting Buzzvizz.com