Most smartphones currently have biometric security , that is, fingerprint reader, iris reader or facial recognition. However, all of them have a small problem, and that is that they must be complemented by another blocking system. In the case of Android, the most common is to put a PIN or a pattern of points easy to remember , and users, who are a bit lazy, we always choose the same: date of birth, easy to remember numbers, predictable combinations … The data speaks for itself .
A while ago, the guys from Data Geneticsa report in which, after analyzing more than 3.4 million PIN , they were able to establish a ranking of the most popular codes in the world. In this analysis, it was concluded that 1234 was the most used PIN (surprise) with 10% of users , and that the safest, the one that fewer people used, was 8086 Obviously, this PIN was no longer so secure at the time the information came to light. Today, taking advantage of the arrival of summer and that the thugs have more time to steal mobile on the beach, festivals and concerts, let’s go back to the topic and tell you not only which are the least secure PINs, but how to make a really complicated one to decipher .
The PIN codes you should avoid
This is the list of PIN codes that you should avoid , sorted from less insurance to more secure:
If, reading this article, you have found your mobile’s PIN, you are already slow to go to Settings> Security and change it to one that is less obvious . For this, we leave you right here below a series of tips that you must follow to the letter to make your PIN an impregnable fortress. They are all very safe and will help you, if your device is stolen, have room for maneuver before the thief can restart the factory phone and lose it forever. These tips are:
- Avoid your date of birth Yes, it is easy to remember but also easy to guess. Add to this that it does not start with 19, since you use your date of birth or that of your parents, surely the number starts with 19 (unless your parents are 119 years old, of course).
- Nothing to repeat the same number : codes like 7777, 2222 and 3333 are very obvious and anyone who is watching you can stay with how you press on the screen and, therefore, guess. Better four different numbers.
- Avoid obvious patterns and chains : 1234, 0987 … avoid them at all costs.
- Be illogical : put a PIN that has no reason to be, such as 0618 or 2961. There is no pattern in its composition and, therefore, it will be more difficult to guess.
- Clean the screen! : the fingerprints can be your worst enemies. When you enter the PIN, if your fingers have been very marked, give it a pass with the shirt and erase the prints.