We knew that Samsung had something ready for today. The brand has gathered the media in Milan for a “4x” presentation, but of course, several days ago the leaks took care of the rest, so we do not have many surprises today.
But the new Galaxy A9 2018 is already here with us, and comes to offer that option that seeks the balance between the middle and high range with very good specifications, good finish and a moderate price. Do you want to meet him? We tell you
Features of the Galaxy A9 2018
This new version appears with a design similar to the previous one, but with more refined details. We speak of course of the bevels of the frame of the screen, which continue to hurry to reduce its dimensions both above and on the chin. It does not reach the level of the Galaxy Note 9 or the Galaxy S9 , but it is close, and that is precisely what the A range offers.
These frames enclose a screen of 6.3 inches AMOLED with resolution FHD + that will offer live images of great contrast and brightness, something to which the manufacturer has accustomed us with its panels and that is once again present in this new model. Inside, we find a Snapdragon 660 processor with eight cores that surprisingly has a standard of 6 GB of RAM, and can find in some markets an 8 GB version.
The internal capacity of the device will be 128 GB, although as always we can extend it using microSD cards of up to 512 GB, an extra memory that will be placed in a tray next to the 2 SIMs that we can insert. The device offers both facial unlocking through the front camera, as well as fingerprint unlocking thanks to the biometric sensor on its back.
|–||Samsung Galaxy A9|
|screen||6.3 “Full HD + Super AMOLED, 1,080 x 2,220 pixels|
|Size and weight||158.7 mm x 75.4 mm x 7.3 mm / 168 grams|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 at 2.2 GHz|
|Camera|| Rear: quad camera
– Main: 24 MP AF, F1.7
– Tele: 2X optical zoom, 10 MP AF, F2.4
– Angular: 120 °, 8 MP, F2.4
– Depth: 5 MP, F2.2
Front: 24 MP, F2.0
|Connectivity||3CA, LTE Cat.9, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, ANT +, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass and BeiDou|
|YOU||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Price||N / D|
A battery of 3.720 mAh will give life to the terminal throughout the day, although if the autonomy falls short at some point, we can always inject a chute of energy thanks to the fast charge through USB-C.
Four cameras to see you better
But if there is something to highlight in this Galaxy A9 , are the cameras. The new Smartphone from Samsung launches a novel set of four cameras that will allow us to have different focal points as we need:
- 8-megapixel wide-angle camera: This sensor is responsible for taking pictures with a viewing angle of 120 degrees. It has an opening of f / 2.4, and is located in the highest part of the set.
- 10 megapixel camera with zoom : This second camera will be responsible for offering a zoom of 2 magnification. It is a similar objective to that we can find in the Galaxy Note 9, and its opening is f / 2.8.
- 24 megapixel main camera : The main sensor will offer a total resolution of 24 megapixels, and is characterized by being especially bright (f / 1.7) and having advanced functions. It is striking that it does not have a variable aperture.
- 5 megapixel camera: The lower resolution sensor will serve as a support to control the effects of blur in portraits and close-ups. It offers an opening of f / 2.2 and does not have great features due to its accompanying profile.
Price and launch date of the Galaxy A9 2018
The new Galaxy A9 2019 will hit stores next November with a price not yet revealed by the manufacturer. It will be available in the colors Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue and Bubblegum Pink. We will update later when we have all the details.