The exercises to achieve an excellent stretch are very important before you start exercising and after. Although many people do not do them, before talking about stretching exercises we will see why they are so necessary.
It is essential that we stretch before exercising because this is how we prepare our body for exercise. The muscles will warm up and be ready to run or muscle …
If you have ever been to class pilates or any other directed activity you may have noticed that you stretch before you start.
What happens after the exercise? After physical activity we should also stretch , since the muscles have suffered a tension and now it is time for them to relax.
If we do not do this, we can suffer some injury, cramps and strengthen our shoes.
Now that you know all this, let’s stretch!
AND jerks to achieve an excellent stretch
We are going to do the exercises to achieve an excellent stretch starting from the legs to the head. Each one of them should be done without haste and trying to stretch well each specific part .
1. Stretching legs
- First, we’ll start with the twins. We will take a big step forward and we will try to the foot of the back leg is completely perched on the ground .
- We will flex whatever we can allow the front leg, while we fix the heel to the ground. In this way, we will stretch the twin.
The other exercise that we are going to perform will focus on stretching the inner part of the thighs.
- To do this, we will open our legs as much as we can and the we will flex as if we wanted to make a squat .
- We can put the hands on the knees to push back the legs and achieve a greater opening.
- To finish the leg stretches let’s grab a foot with your hands and take it to the gluteus .
- If we do not notice the stretch we will try to take the leg as high as possible and a little backwards. In this way, we achieve more tension.
2. Gluteal, lumbar and abdominal
To stretch these 3 areas of the body we will go in parts. We will start by stretching the gluteus, then the lumbar and, finally, the abdominals.
- Gluteus: we lie on the ground with our arms crossed. We will take the legs to one side and the one that is above We will try to take it as far as possible and let the knee touch the ground .
We can help the corresponding hand to the side that have turned their legs to push the knee to the ground and achieve greater stretch.
- Lumbares: to perform this exercise we can make a roll up standing. In this way, we let ourselves fall in a rounded way to the ground making our hands touch it.
Then we go back up slowly, putting pressure on the lumbar area. The last thing that is incorporated is the head. Another alternative is to choose to do the candle .
- Abdominals: for this exercise we will do the cobra ( Bhujang asana ). We will wear face down, with hands at chest height, and we will raise the trunk everything we can.
Now it’s time to stretch the upper part of our body and for this we will do some muscle stretching exercises with our arms.
- The first will consist of stretch the arm towards the opposite shoulder . The other hand will hold and press the arm. So we stretch the shoulder.
- In the following exercise, we will raise the arm, we will flex it from behind the head and, with the other hand, we will push the elbow down. In this way, we will be stretching the triceps .
This part of our physiognomy is very important and can not be forgotten.
- For it, without moving the shoulders, we are going to try that the ear touches the shoulder . We can help with a hand, to push the head and get more tension.
- The last exercise would be to bring the chin to the chest as much as possible. We can also put our hands behind the head and push gently.
Afterwards, we would bring our heads back.
The final relaxation
You can introduce variations in these stretches. This is a routine in which you can include a stretch that you like to do or replace one of the above.
There are so many ways to stretch the muscles that the variations are endless!
Something that we would like to add is that, at the end of this small routine of muscle stretching exercises, we will breathe.
This we will only do after the exercise. If we stretch before the exercise is not necessary.
- For it, we will bend our knees a bit, inhale and raise our arms up as if we wanted to stretch.
- We stop for a few seconds and let our body fall exhaling and bringing our hands to the ground. We repeat again 2 more times.
This exercise allows us to relax and finish this relaxation session successfully.
Have you ever practiced this type of stretching exercise routine? Which is yours?