We all know that WhatsApp has more than 900 million users, but for the existing application to work, we need a mobile number. If you are looking to become part of this huge community, but do not have a smartphone, then there is good news for you.
WhatsApp can be installed on PCs and tablet devices (including iPads). You can follow the instructions below and be part of the free messaging application. However, we will cover only tablets and Android PCs.
Installation guide for Android tablets
1. Open Configuration, Security and activate ‘Unknown sources’. This allows you to install applications outside of Google Play and, by default, is disabled for your security. We recommend disabling this configuration once you have installed WhatsApp
2. Start the browser and look for the WhatsApp APK. You can click on any of the returned search results, even though we have chosen androidapksfree.com
3. Scroll down and touch the download link to get the latest version of the WhatsApp APK. Keep in mind that there are probably several ads that are displayed on the page that also have download links, so be sure to select the correct one.
4. Wait a moment for the APK to download, then unfold the notification bar at the top of the screen and select the notification that the APK has been downloaded
5. Follow the instructions to install and open WhatsApp.
6. You will be received with the familiar welcome screen to WhatsApp. Press ‘OK and continue’
7. If you see a pop-up window that indicates that the tablets are not compatible, click OK
8. Select your country of residence and enter a valid phone number that is not yet in use by another WhatsApp account, then tap Next, OK
9. WhatsApp usually sends a text message to that phone number that contains a verification code, which will automatically detect and insert it here for you. That’s not going to happen since your tablet does not have the SIM card for that phone number on it, so instead of choosing Call Me
10. Answer your phone and enter the six-digit verification code that is given, then follow the instructions to set up and start using WhatsApp on your tablet
11. Keep in mind that WhatsApp searches for contacts in your Contacts or People app, which will still be present on your tablet even if you can not use it to call it. Launch the application and enter the names and numbers of anyone who wishes to use WhatsApp
12. From time to time, when WhatsApp is updated, you will see that the application installed on your tablet no longer works. Since it was installed outside of Google Play, it will not be updated automatically. Instead, you will have to find the latest version of the APK and reinstall it using the steps above.
Installation guide for PCs
Installing WhatsApp on your PC can be a bit more complicated, but here are the steps to do it:
1. You need to download an Android emulator for your PC; we suggest you use the BlueStacks application
2. Once you download the emulator, configure it on your PC. This includes downloading game data, logging in with your Google account and setting up other application features. Leave it This is how the application works.
3. Once the application is running, it will look like your Google App store.
4. Now all you need is the WhatsApp APK file that you can get from the WhatsApp download page.
5. Open the APK file in BlueStacks (it will do it automatically)
6. Follow the instructions on the screen that will be very similar to those mentioned above for the tablet.
7. Once installed, a desktop shortcut for WhatsApp will be generated for your PC
8. Now you can start using WhatsApp by clicking on the desktop icon.
Setting up WhatsApp on your PC is pretty simple
Please note that if you simply open the Chrome / Firefox / Opera browser and access https://web.whatsapp.com/ and log in using the QR code of your phone / tablet, you can use WhatsApp technically on PC without any installation
But…. Here is how you configure it:
1. Enter your country name, mobile number and select ‘Accept’
2. Your phone will receive a verification message with a three-digit code
3. Write the code on your PC
4. WhatsApp is now configured and ready to use!
Installing WhatsApp on other devices is not very simple compared to installing on smart phones, but you will have to go an extra mile to get the most coveted application in the market.
If you have any questions, let us know and we will help you in any way possible. Please note that Google Nexus 7 4G LTE devices that have been updated with KitKat 4.4.2 or later can not receive text messages, but we have a solution for that, so take a look.