Hello friends of WebChaat! How are you? This week I’m here to talk about something you probably heard a lot: “hyaluronic acid” As you well know, it is widely used in cosmetic products or in cosmetic surgery, and brands boast when they use this component, but, do you really know what is it for? , what is your function or in what quantities do you really notice the difference in its use?
In Belletica we also ask ourselves the same and for that reason, we will see in the following article the following points that will help you to clarify all the doubts:
- What is hyaluronic acid.
- Properties, functions and benefits. What is it for?
- Main applications and duration
- Where do we find it? Products that contain hyaluronic acid.
Go for it
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a polysaccharide of the glycosaminoglycan type. Its formulation is (C14H21NO11) n
And while this reminds you of chemistry classes or sounds like Chinese; the important thing is to know that, it is one of the Main natural components of our extracellular matrix and that is found, for example, in Joints, cartilages, vitreous humor (liquid that lubricates the eye) and the skin . To give you an idea, in a 70 kg person there can be a total amount of 15 grams of hyaluronic acid in your body. However, as we get older, the natural production of hyaluronic acid decreases.
A rough way, its function in the human body is, among other things, to join the water and lubricate the moving parts of the body, such as joints and muscles. It helps to maintain the normal damping of the joints. And it also has an important role in moisture retention, since a single molecule can withstand up to 1,000 times its own weight in water.
But we continue to deepen something more.
Main functions and properties of hyaluronic acid
In addition to improving the functioning of the organism at the cellular level, also:
- Participate in the process of wound healing
- It is a substantial component of the synovial fluid, which is the fluid that protects and lubricates the joints.
- Creates a protective barrier that protects the collagen of the epidermis. This property is one of the most important used in cosmetics that we will see later.
- It is part of the tissue of the scalp and hair follicles; Which is why it has an important function when you want to keep a hydrated scalp.
- Thanks to your ability to retain moisture is a perfect skin moisturizer.
All these functions and properties applied to beauty what they do is give the skin a natural, firm and regenerated appearance.
Proven benefits of hyaluronic acid
- Hydration: Hyaluronic acid penetrates the skin and connects skin cells with water, infusing all layers of the skin with a valuable rejuvenating moisture.
- Increased resistance: By improving the natural barriers of the skin, the skin is better able to defend against environmental factors and pollutants.
- Smoother skin tone: As it fills the skin with moisture, hyaluronic acid tightens the complexion in general and firms the facial contours for a more youthful appearance.
- Softer texture: In the same way that it gives smoothness to the skin, it also softens the texture of the skin for a smooth and silky finish that you can see and feel.
- Less visible fine lines and wrinkles: Hyaluronic acid reduces the size and visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the skin cells that produce collagen and elastin, two fibers that contribute to the elasticity of the skin.
- It stimulates the cellular regeneration of the skin: In addition to stimulating the production in the skin of collagen cells, hyaluronic acid promotes cellular regeneration of the skin to create a healthy and vibrant skin.
- Pigmentation: A description of hyaluronic acid would not be fair without mentioning the ability to reduce and prevent age spots and pigmentation problems.
- Clarity: By promoting the proper balance of moisture in the skin, hyaluronic acid prevents the overproduction of oil that clogs the pores and leads to outbreaks of acne or comedones.
The explanation and the theory are very good but, how can we use it?
- Define the contour of the lips and reduce the wrinkles that occur in the corners of these.
- Give volume in the face and the area of the cheekbones
- Decrease the appearance of fine lines and “crow’s feet”
How to consume hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid can be inject in the dermis of the skin to fill it, a technique more commonly known as dermal fillers. These injections should always be performed by a professional and it is important to be well informed about the clinic or aesthetic where they decide to perform.
It also can apply topically and it is a key ingredient in many serums and creams. Unlike collagen, hyaluronic acid is able to penetrate the upper layers of the skin to improve and benefit the skin when applied topically. Hyaluronic acid is a main component of the skin, it benefits the repair and protection of tissues. When applied in a cream or serum, hyaluronic acid forms an air permeable layer and penetrates the dermis, thus increasing the elasticity and hydration of the skin.
It is important when purchasing this type of products to avoid those that contain alcohol, parabens, sulfates or other ingredients that are harmful to the skin. Most “hyaluronic acid serums” contain preservatives that counteract the benefits of hyaluronic acid.
It can be consumed as oral supplement Because it plays a critical role in the production of collagen, the most abundant protein in the body, collagen is essential for the skin because it is compatible with the structure of the skin.
I leave you these videos where some products are mentioned and the experience is shared with hyaluronic acid.
The interval during which their beneficial effects are noted varies depending on the type of product used, the amount added, the manner of use as well as the area treated. That is to say, that in the joints it lasts and in the increase of lips and other beauty treatments.
The clinical product is presented as reticulated (dense) or non-reticulated (fluid). The first one has a more lasting effect in time, from 6 to 9 months and even more, and the fluid version lasts around 3 approximate months.
Being a product biodegradable , and that the body consumes naturally, has the advantage of being phased out. Therefore, when infiltrations and facial fillers are made, the result is always reversible. This is great since it avoids the possible adverse effects that cosmetic surgery sometimes causes.
Products that contain hyaluronic acid
There are many brands that have incorporated hyaluronic acid into their products. These appear in small proportions and ideally fix the ingredients well and see how much they contain the same or what other ingredients may also possess as some subtract the benefits of hyaluronic acid.
He price , it depends on each pocket, but as a general rule, products that contain a high percentage of this compound will have a higher cost.
On the other hand, the appropriate age to consume this type of creams or serums is from 25 years old Well, it is at that moment when the body begins to produce half of hyaluronic acid.
- Anatomical mask of hyaluronic acid, of Missha. Intense hydration and increased firmness of the skin.
- Elixir with 100% hyaluronic acid by Pierre René. Care for your face, neck and neckline. The formula softens and treats the skin thanks to its high moisturizing power.
- Power Hyaluronic, Moisturizing Serum Booster Skeyndor. Moisturizes and firms the face, regardless of the type of skin.
- Clarins Serum Hydra Essentiel, Intensive Moisturizing Gel 50 ml. Its texture is fine and melting. It helps to recover the ability of the skin to retain water.
- Anti-Age Intensive Day Cream Revitalift Laser x3 , Adesonine, which is associated with fragmented Hyaluronic Acid, quickly penetrates the skin to reduce wrinkles minutely.
Cream hyaluron-filler by Eucerin Wrinkle filler effect instantaneously and durably.
The truth is that everything they say about hyaluronic acid is true and is a very precious component and beneficial that also causes no adverse effects nor secondary So sure that now, when you buy any product, you pay more attention to whether or not it has hyaluronic acid.
I say goodbye until next week. I’ll be back with more tricks and interesting topics!
If you liked the post, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks so that everyone can know the new technique that is sweeping ?
See you soon ?