Only a few days ago, we tell you which were
Install Android 9.0 Pie on your mobile step by step: so you can do it
Update your mobile to Android Pie: the simple way
If you have a Google Pixel phone of any of the two generations, or the Essential Phone of Andy Rubin, you can update your mobile from today to Android 9.0 , since their respective manufacturers have already released the OTA update. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the update , or have a sufficiently extensive data rate to avoid surprises.
- Go to “System Settings”, “System” and “ System Update” .
- If you do not miss the warning with the new update, click on the “Check for updates” button.
- A new window should appear where the Android Pie news appear. The update package will start downloading. 5 Once downloaded, the installation process will begin. The phone will reboot , and once it restarts, it will do so in the new version of Android.
And that’s it! In this way, your mobile will be updated to Android 9.0 Pie , and you can enjoy all the news that this version brings, such as the new navigation system by gestures, improved notifications with intelligent answers, and much, much more.
Update your mobile to Android Pie manually
But, what happens if the update does not jump on your mobile? Although it is unlikely, the Android Pie OTA may not be available for your device. In that case, you can resort to the on the computer from which the installation will be performed.
Install the Android Foot OTA manually on your mobile
Installing an OTA manually is the same process that is done automatically when an update arrives on your mobile phone over the air, only in this case you use a computer to flash the update package and avoid having to wait the arrival of OTA. To do this, just follow the following steps:
- First of all, download the OTA package corresponding to your device (available under these lines).
- It connects the device to the computer with USB debugging enabled and, through a command window on the computer, executes the “adb devices” instruction. If the serial number of the terminal appears, everything is correct and you can continue.
- Turn off the phone and boot in bootloader mode manually – normally, keeping the Power and Volume buttons less while turning on-, or through the command “adb reboot bootloader” .
- Now you have to access the recovery mode : to do this, go down using the volume keys of the device until you are on top of “Recovery mode” , and access using the Power button.
- The device will reboot, although it will start on a screen that shows the image of Andy next to a red caution sign . It will be necessary to keep pressing the power buttons and, about a second later, to increase the volume, to be able to enter the system recovery.
- Navigating through the volume keys, we must position ourselves above the option “Apply update from ADB” , and access through the power button. Now we can proceed to the installation of the OTA from the command window.
- On the computer, within the command window and with the device still connected via USB, you must use the command “adb sideload [OTA FILE] .zip” , with [OTA FILE] the path of the downloaded update file. If everything is correct, the installation process will begin.
- Once finished, the device will restart automatically, starting in the new version of the system that has just been installed.
Keep in mind that, of the two manual methods proposed, this is the simplest and safest way to update Android Pie compatible mobile. The OTA packages of Android 9 corresponding to each device can be downloaded from the web for Android developers, through one of the links that we leave you under these lines:
- Pixel 2 XL –
- Pixel 2 –
- Pixel XL –
- Pixel –
Install the Android Pie factory image manually on your mobile
If, on the other hand, you prefer to make a complete and clean installation on your mobile, to enjoy Android Pie from scratch, the best way to do it is to install a complete factory image . The procedure is similar to the installation of an OTA package, but some steps are different . To begin, you must make sure you have the bootloader of the device unlocked, or else it will not be possible to update your mobile to Android 9 Pie .
- The first step is to boot the phone in bootloader mode , with the command “adb reboot bootloader”.
- In the command window, you will have to go to the directory where the Android Pie image has been decompressed. To do this, use the command “cd / Users / TuUsuario / Escritorio / ImagenAndroidP” -the route will depend on where the file has been decompressed in each individual case.
- To flash the image, you must use the included flash-all script. The command to carry out this process depends on the operating system that is used in the computer:
- In Windows: run the command ” flash-all.bat ”
- In MacOS or Linux: execute the command ” ./flash-all.sh ”
Once this is done, the installation process will have begun , and it will take five to ten minutes to complete the flashing . Once finished, the script will restart the phone automatically, although it is necessary to take into account that the first start will take longer than normal – around 10 or 15 minutes.
Do not forget to to learn the best tricks and apps for your mobile and on