The ajiaco It is a dish that is eaten in several countries of South America. Specifically, Colombia, Peru, Chile, where this preparation is part of the local gastronomy .
Now, the following is to detail the conformation of ajiaco as a recipe. It basically consists of a broth or similar preparation to the soup, with chicken base, and with a wide mix of vegetables and vegetables. On the other hand, the great charm of this dish is that it is served in handmade clay bowls.
What really matters for the health of this delicious preparation is the simplicity that implies doing it in any kitchen. Not to mention that It is a fantastic source of protein and calories due to the concentration of nutrients in cooking.
It should be noted that the ingredients in this recipe cover a wide range of vitamins and energy for the body. Without any doubt, with this broth will disappear as much the hunger as the anemia or the fatigue.
In fact, they are common for the design of this dish: green dressings, carrots, onions, zucchini, peppers, potatoes, cassava, corn on the cob, and in some combinations the use of cream is common. milk.
As you can see, almost all the groups that contribute nutrients to the organism are represented inside a dish that generally covers more than 500 (mL). Sufficient evidence to give some credit to the contribution of this recipe and try it.
It’s time for you to discover step by step their preparation. Let’s do it!
Traditional preparation of the ajiaco
Here we indicate the traditional preparation of the ajiaco. In this way you can know the original recipe and, once you have it assimilated, you can encourage yourself to try the different variants that exist. Although remember, in the cooking art , innovation and creativity are vital pieces to make wonderful recipes.
- 2 red potatoes (100 g).
- 1 cup of guascas (15 g).
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g).
- 4 small onions (200 g).
- 2 garlic cloves without skin (5 g).
- 12 large cups of water (1 liter).
- 3 cubes for chicken soup (10 g).
- 3 chicken breasts, without skin (400 g).
- 1 spoonful of white pepper (15 g).
- 2 cups of green capers (200 g).
- 3 ears of yellow corn (200 g).
- 1 cup of full cream of milk (100 mL).
- 3 medium-sized white potatoes already peeled (175 g).
- 4 Creole potatoes, originating in Colombia, (225 g).
- The first thing you have to do before starting with the integration of the other ingredients for the broth, is to season and cook the chicken separately.
- For this, you do not necessarily have to recharge it in excess of spices or additives . With a little salt, some garlic powder and cooking for 20 minutes on low heat will suffice.
- Now, for ajiaco to be delicious, proceed with a large pot and place the chicken (previously ready), the ears of corn, onions, peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Previously all well chopped and chopped, pour into the pot with slow fire the 12 cups of water and add all the ingredients in the broth.
- It is important, Remember that the cooking time is between 35 to 45 minutes . Take some time to boil the water well and everything set to perfection. Patience.
- With everything ready, as for this stage of preparation, remove the chicken (yes, once again).
- Now, take care to add more corn and to cook it in parallel for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Before the corn is ready, that is, 10 minutes after having put everything to cook, add the 3 types of potatoes (red, white and Creole) and with everything together (corn and potatoes) let cook for 30 minutes.
- You’re almost finished Do you remember the chicken you had taken? Well, by this point it should be cold enough so you can chop it into small pieces and marinate them with a little onion, chili peppers and cilantro.
- After, Integrates the chicken with the remaining ingredients and now yes, let cook everything for 15 minutes.
- After this step, the ajiaco will be ready to serve and introduce you to the culinary world offered by Colombia Bon Appetite!