Hello friends of WebChaat! Here I am again with more beauty content for you ? This week we have to talk about facial peeling . In this post I will tell you everything you should know about him, a perfect ally to get a flawless skin .
These are the points that I will address:
- Facial peeling, what is it and what is it for?
- How to make your homemade facial peeling
- Chemical facial peeling
- The best products to exfoliate your face
It is time to discover the keys of facial peeling. We start!
Facial peeling, what is it and what is it for?
What does the word ‘peeling’ mean? Is a peeling or exfoliation of the skin.
The soft peels serve to Remove the outermost layer of the skin, or use a stronger one to deepen the stratum corneum. It aims to renew the skin, remove dead cells, drag imperfections such as blemishes, scars and acne marks. By promoting the renewal of the skin also improves the tone of the skin.
It increases the production of collagen and elastin, in addition to the fibers that make the face smoother, with natural shine and without impurities. It is a very good method to keep the appearance of facial wrinkles at bay and avoid black spots since it produces an intense cleaning on the face.
The type of peeling you choose will depend on the skin symptoms . It is advisable to move from the softer to those with more intense effects. Normally, different acids are used (glycolic, salicylic, mandelic, resorcinol, trichloracetic, phenol, etc.) depending on the results sought, the type of skin, the skin condition, and age, among other factors.
You should not feel pain during the peeling, although it is true that you can notice stinging, burning or heat during the first minutes . After the skin becomes accustomed and when it is ready the product is removed from the face. It is necessary to be very meticulous in this part, since if it is not cleaned well there may be remains that continue to exfoliate, which can cause irritations. Next, a suitable cream is used to nourish and hydrate the skin, which will help in the reconstitution and protection of the tissues.
It is advisable to stop using creams containing retinoic acid or other irritants at least 3 days before facial peeling .
Depending on the technique used, we can talk about three types:
- He mechanical peeling, which is done by brushes, rollers or sandpaper with microparticles such as crystals or stone. Dermabrasion is one of the most common.
- He physical peeling, which consists in the application of a physical agent, to diminish the most superficial layer of the skin.
- He chemical peeling, which is carried out by applying chemical products, usually acids.
If you want to make your own peeling at home, keep reading ?
How to make your homemade facial peeling
If you are not a friend of beauty centers but you want to have the perfect face, here is the solution. You can make your own peeling at home, without the need for special devices or chemical ingredients.
As they explain from the Better With Health portal, the type of peeling will depend on your skin. These are the ones that recommend:
- Facial peeling for dry skin: This type of skin should be exfoliated very gently and with a frequency of at least 15 days. Therefore, the recipe is based on sodium bicarbonate , which has a very fine texture and alkalizing function, ideal for the skin and sensitive areas. It is very easy to make: mix it with olive oil until the bicarbonate appears well dyed with oil. In addition, they add an ingredient if it is mature skin: rosehip oil or geranium essential oil, which help to regenerate the skin in depth.
- Facial peeling for mixed skin: this type of skin has the disadvantage that it has greasy areas and dry areas, so the peeling will also be quite smooth, with the difference that we will focus more on the exfoliation of the greasy areas (usually the T zone: forehead, nose and chin). We will also use the bicarbonate, but in this case we will mix it with a less fatty oil, such as almond or sesame oil. In addition, we will add orange peel rind, so that the peeling is even more natural.
- Facial peeling for oily skin: in this case, a weekly peel should be done, so that we can clean in depth. The base will be the sugar, a little thicker than bicarbonate, and we will mix it with aloe vera gel (it can be natural or commercial) and the grated skin of a lemon.
- Facial peeling for skin with acne: You have to treat them delicately, but it’s good to clean it to remove impurities. In this case, we will use the Sodium bicarbonate mixed with aloe vera gel , a few drops of coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree essential oil or palmarrosa.
If you’re also curious about getting a peel on the rest of your body, you can do it with coarse salt, ideal to massage the body and combat circulation problems, cellulite, stretch marks … We will mix it with coconut oil, and optionally, with rosemary essential oil, which will further activate blood circulation.
Once you have your homemade facial or body peel ready, it is time to apply it. These are the steps you must follow:
First, apply a little of the peel in the previously washed area and without drying. Massage gently in circles, going through the whole area to be treated and avoiding sensitive parts (such as the eye contour). If the peel is done on the thighs or buttocks, we can press a little harder until we notice that the circulation is activated.
Leave on for one or two minutes and wash with water. The skin will be hydrated by the Use of the oils that have been added to each recipe , although if you have dry skin, it is advisable to moisturize it again.
It is not recommended abuse of peels , so you should perform one a week or every two weeks, depending on your skin type.
Chemical facial peeling
You have already seen that it is possible to do a homemade peel, but we must not leave behind the option of resorting to professionals so that the result is more effective. The main difference between the homemade facial peel and that of aesthetic cabinets is that Many of the products are not for sale For the general public. They are only sold to aestheticians or aesthetic doctors.
Another of its advantages is the greater power of its chemicals, so the result will be more powerful . In addition, the professionals of the sector know much better the effects, properties and benefits of the chemical peel, reason why they can foresee adverse reactions. Normally, on the first visit they tell you how it is done and the number of sessions you need. They can also advise you on some other treatment that suits you well to complement.
As I said before, it is a good option if you prefer to leave the treatment in the hands of an expert , even if that means getting more money out of the piggy bank ?
If it still does not convince you, then I leave you some ideal products to make a superficial peel at home.
The best products to exfoliate your face
There are cheaper ways to get a peel. If your thing is not to make homemade potingues or spend a lot of money on beauty treatments, your solution will be in the special products to exfoliate the face. Here I show you my selection.
Sauna & Spa Body Peeling Detox with Salt, by Natura Siberica. This peeling designed for the whole body contains natural ingredients such as Organic Cedar Oil, Siberian Juniper and Siberian Rapa Salt that helps detoxify and purify the skin in depth. The salt particles gently exfoliate the skin and activate the circulation, to achieve a smoothness and elasticity without equal.
Facial Scrub Illuminator, Naobay. This facial milk gently removes impurities leaving your skin calm. In addition, it has natural exfoliating particles of the fruit peel of the Asai palm that are responsible for removing the dead cells, leaving the face free of daily impurities. With olive oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil, which will reduce the appearance of fine lines, and with Centella Asiatica extract that will give peace after peeling.
Mask Effect Peeling, by Madara. Its natural ingredients are highly respectful with the dermis, providing a deep cleaning and closing the pores. It is especially suitable for normal and combination skin.
Tea Tree Peel Off Tube Mask, by Montagne Jeunesse . Thanks to the combination of the properties of tea tree oil, hamametis and epilobium, this mask achieves that calming effect that you can apply on your entire face, acting especially in those more complicated areas of the skin (T-zone). Eliminates the feeling of tightness and corrects impurities. Apply once a week and in just 20 minutes you will take care of your skin.
Soft Exfoliating Gel, Enzymatic Peeling, by Bella Aurora. This enzymatic peeling (physical and chemical at the same time), is able to renew the skin by eliminating dead cells, and contains papain, the enzyme of the papaya, which unifies the skin. The result: the elimination of spots and imperfections is accelerated.
Rose butter set (day cream + micro peeling), by Ziaja . This micro peeling from Ziaja provides a delicate cleansing of your face for a fresh and radiant skin. The formula with provitamin B5, vitamins B6, C, and vitamin E cleans the skin by gently eliminating dead cells and stimulating the circulation of the epidermis. In addition, the set is completed with a day cream, which helps maintain the skin’s natural barrier providing nutrition for dry skin.
Real Clean Peeling Gel, by Skinmiso. It is made with plant extracts, making it an ideal product to keep your face free of impurities. It is best to apply it frequently in the “T” area and 3 times a month in the rest of the face. Its objective is to remove dead skin cells and excess accumulated sebum.
Mask of rice, from Missha . The best option is this night mask in pocket format. It has been made from rice extract, which also provides hydration and nutrition. Can you ask for more? Yes! Well, it also brings extra light to the most dull skins. For best results, apply it after washing the face with gentle movements to produce the peeling effect. Finally, remove it with warm water.
That is all for today. I hope you liked my selection! ?
I say goodbye until next week. If you liked this post about facial peeling, do not hesitate to share it on your social networks. ?
Enjoy a relaxing peel!
See you soon ?