Fungi on the skin are very common conditions whose infections are characterized by being annoying, burning and stinging.
They are disorders caused by different types of fungi, among which are dermatophytes and yeasts.
These colonize the keratin dead, a protein found in the skin, nails and hair.
They can appear in different areas , present different forms and they are usually very annoying. If they are associated with viruses or bacteria they can cause infections.
We are going to teach you 15 home remedies to fight them.
Causes that cause fungi on the skin
Among the most common triggers are:
- Weak immune system The appearance of fungi indicates that the defenses they are low since the organism can not fight them.
- Contagions An example is in the showers of gyms or swimming pools. The fungus is on the wet floor and from there enters and installs between the toes.
- Lack of hygiene and excess moisture. It makes it more prone to colonization of various types of fungi. After the bath the folds should be well dried, between the fingers and all those complicated sectors.
Also, there are people who sweat more. This creates the ideal environment for these microorganisms to proliferate .
- Sebaceous secretion When it increases this for some reason.
- Poor diet and low consumption of vitamins. Not feeding properly causes the defenses to go down. This makes it difficult to purge toxins.
- Stress. It is known that it diminishes the defenses and, as we have already indicated, fungi can reproduce more easily.
How do we know we have fungus on the skin?
At first glance, the following symptoms can be detected:
- Spots on the skin. They can be of different shapes and colors. They are also called maculae.
- Reddish hoops
- Itching or burning
- Bad smell
- Degradation of the skin
15 remedies to cure fungi on the skin
Avoid red meats, white flours, sugars and cow’s milk, as these slow down the transit of the intestines.
On the contrary, the consumption of fruits is recommended , especially citrus . The juices help to increase the defenses and cleanse the body.
2. Natural yogurt
Its intake combats fungi thanks to its contribution of lactobacilli, a beneficial bacteria that fights the fungus.
On the other hand, if applied locally in the affected area and rubbed helps eradicate fungi.
3. Lemon juice
Applied locally, its contribution citric acid acts on the fungus .
It should be used at night, since in contact with the sun it can produce spots.
4. Cranberry juice
Cranberry juice has antifungal properties that help us eradicate fungi from within.
Its topical application eliminates fungi on the skin, thanks to the antibiotic and bactericidal power of the tannins . Eliminates burning and itching.
For best results, it should be placed in the area two or three times a day.
6. Olive leaf
The olive leaf can help you in two different ways. In addition to strengthening the immune system, it has properties to eliminate fungi. To take advantage of its benefits we can:
- Ingest tea cups of olive leaves.
- Place it locally.
7. Sea salt
To take advantage of the benefits of sea salt we will mix it with water.
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt (30 g)
What should you do?
- We will add the salt in the glass of water, mix well and apply it locally several times a day
8. Garlic to eliminate fungi on the skin
Undoubtedly, it is the best natural remedy against fungi on the skin thanks to its excellent antifungal properties.
We can ingest it or apply it topically:
- Ingested: Helps eliminate toxins from the body. It is better to eat Garlic on an empty stomach and then chew parsley to counteract the smell.
- Locally: Crush a garlic and place it in a sterile gauze. We will apply it for a few minutes in the area. Do not rinse
9. Oil of oregano
- Swallow it: two or three drop in a glass of water.
- Locally: Mix oregano oil with olive oil in equal parts and apply.
10. Coconut oil
It has fatty acids that are very good fungicides.
- To take advantage of its benefits, it is used in the affected area two or three times a day.
11. Apple cider vinegar
Acetic acid regulates the natural pH and thus prevents the fungus from proliferating. It should be applied diluted in water.
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
What should you do?
We will combine both ingredients and apply it to the affected area with the help of gauze.
12. Tea tree oil
It is an exceptional antifungal that, in addition, does not allow the fungus to spread to other parts of the body .
It is used topically in the affected place.
Very good natural antifungal. It can also be used in two ways:
- Local: place it in the affected place and leave it a couple of hours. Then rinse.
- Ingested: in the form of infusion accompanied with milk and honey.
14. Colloidal silver
The Colloidal Silver It is a powerful natural antibiotic that can help us to dry the fungus.
- Use it locally and do not rinse.
fifteen. Aloe vera
There are innumerable properties of aloe vera , and among them the antifungal one stands out.
- We will cut the sheet and we will place the inner gel in the affected area , several times a day.
The success of these home remedies lies in the consistency to apply, added to a very good hygiene.