Constipation in children should not be treated with conventional laxatives of those who consume adults.
These drugs have an irritating effect on the intestine that can impair the functioning of this organ, especially if we abuse them at an early age.
Discover in this article 12 natural and home remedies that help control constipation in children without any risk to health .
Constipation in children
Constipation in children should not be frequent, as it is a possible symptom of a feeding very unbalanced or of some health problem.
Many cases of childhood constipation can be resolved with changes in diet. However, we can not rule out other factors, such as emotional issues or sedentary lifestyle .
If this problem persists and we do not know its cause, we should visit the doctor as soon as possible so that he can carry out the appropriate tests. In this way you can rule out any disease and carry out the appropriate treatment.
12 home remedies to relieve constipation
1. Olive oil
A spoonful of fasting olive oil is an infallible remedy for constipation Children often react quickly and well to this simple habit that we can maintain for a few weeks until the bowel is regularized.
- Extra virgin olive oil is a mild laxative and a very healthy food , essential in a balanced diet.
- In addition to taking it on an empty stomach we can use it as a usual dressing.
The Apple It is a fruit very rich in fiber, fructose and sorbitol that can regulate intestinal transit according to the way we consume it.
- We should eat it in the morning and with its peeling to fight constipation. However, we recommend that it be organic fruit to avoid it containing pesticides.
Plum is an excellent mild laxative to prevent constipation in children in the most natural way.
- We will just have to give them 4 plums on an empty stomach, in the morning .
- If they are prunes or dried, the previous night we will have put them in water to rehydrate them.
He Kiwi It is another fruit very beneficial to have a healthy intestine. Many people eat a kiwi every morning to facilitate bowel function, thanks to its fiber and enzyme content.
- We can take it alone or combine it with apple and plum to prepare a delicious and nutritious juice or smoothie q ue will delight the smallest of the house.
5. Flax seeds
The seeds of linen They are a famous remedy to facilitate evacuation. We should only know that it is essential to leave them in water overnight.
- When you soak them, the seeds will release the soluble fiber, known as mucilages .
- In the morning, fasting, the child should take both the seeds and the water.
- If you do not want to drink it, we can beat it with some fruit so you do not notice the gelatinous consistency of the preparation.
6. Chia seeds
Chia seeds work in the same way as flax.
- When you put them in water, they release the fiber, which has a gelatinous consistency.
- This generates an action of deep cleaning of the entire digestive tract without irritating the intestine .
7. Lemon juice
A glass of hot water with the juice of half a lemon It has a laxative effect on the organism. This is one of the simplest and most natural remedies that we can give the child with constipation.
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- One lemon’s juice
- We will heat the glass of water to a bearable temperature and add the juice of a lemon.
- We will drink the mixture on an empty stomach.
8. Acacia honey
Bee honey, especially the acacia variety, It has a mild laxative effect and, in addition, it deflates the intestine .
In addition, honey is a healthy and very energetic food for children.
The oats It is one of the richest cereals in fiber, an ideal option for children with constipation.
We can add it to soups, broths, creams, stews, biscuits, cookies, smoothies, etc.
He psyllium , psyllium or psyllium is a seed husk with a high balancing power on the intestine.
Thanks to its regulatory virtue, we can take advantage of it to treat cases of constipation and diarrhea.
If we increase the consumption of fiber we should not forget to drink more water to digest it well.
We must be aware that the child drinks water throughout the day. In addition, dehydration can also cause constipation in children.
The last remedy is very simple. At night, when the child goes to bed, he we will give a gentle massage on the belly. It is important that we follow the path of the intestine.
- We’ll start over your right groin.
- We will reach below the ribs.
- We will go to the ribs on the left side.
- We will go down to the left groin.